COVID-19 Update: Brown Box Movers
Yes we are OPEN….Yes we are conducting moves!
Moving Companies fall under the “logistics” and “transportation” categories (CISA) in almost every state. We are an essential service and business.
Your health and the health of your family and our moving team is very important. We are monitoring local, state, and federal sources daily.
Brown Box Movers are proud members of Southwest Movers Association (SMA) along with American Moving & Storage Association (AMSA), these sources are providing guidelines for our continued operation.
As you plan and prepare for your move, here are some steps you can take:
- To ensure everyone’s health and safety, if you or anyone within your household may have contracted Coronavirus (COVID-19), or are isolating due to exposure to the virus, call us and discuss how we can accommodate.
- If you must cancel your move, please contact us as soon as possible.
- If you are in a vulnerable group, over 60 or have a compromised immune system, schedule your move after the pandemic is over if it is at all possible.
- We suggest that you confirm with your building and landlord if they are allowing moving services during this period. You can advise them that moving is an essential
service and business.
- Provide your moving crew access to a sink, soap and paper towels throughout your move. If this isn’t practical, and it is readily available, provide hand sanitizer.
- Purchase new moving boxes and tape; this isn’t the time to use recycled boxes from online sources and free sites or from stores.
Brown Box Movers:
How we prepare for your excellent service.
- Our team is following the CDC guidelines.
- We have taken the time to reiterate the practices of good hygiene, like frequent hand washing, providing hand sanitizer and gloves for the moving crews.
- Rather than greeting customers with handshakes, we are encouraging movers to greet them in some other way, including a fist or elbow bump.
- If any movers show or express any symptoms of CoronaVirus (COVID-19) they are advised to stay home and monitor their symptoms. They are not allowed to return back to work unless they have clearance from a medical professional.
- Brown Box Movers has taken extra measures to protect the community, our customers and our staff through increased sanitization of our trucks and moving equipment. All movers are also required to wear gloves and wash their hands after every move with hand sanitizer.
- Our movers are also distancing themselves from the customer and respect our customers space and any additional requests a customer may have during the move. We ask you do the same.
- Depending on the size of your move a minimum of 2 or 3 movers will arrive to complete your move. Our movers are trained to move you as quickly and safely as possible.
Please let us know if you have any further questions regarding your upcoming service.