If you’ve already called a moving company for your next move, half the battle is already won. This is going to save you a lot of headaches and time. There are still some things you will need to take care of before and after your move. Take some time to plan ahead and your move will go more smoothly than you ever imagined.
It is easy to overlook something during a move. After all, this is a very stressful and chaotic time. Taking care of little things in advance will save you a tremendous amount of time and headaches during your move. Here are some great apartment moving tips for before and after the move to keep things running smoothly:
- For the first night in your new home: When you arrive at your new home, it is likely everyone will be exhausted and not feel like digging through boxes for the bare necessities. Pack a survival kit when the bare necessities for the first night in your new home. This kit should include things you will need immediately such as your toothbrushes and other toiletry items, bed linens, pajamas, toilet paper, paper towels, soap, a flashlight, basic tools (screwdriver, pliers, knife, etc.), a telephone book, coffee, snacks, some cooking pans, and utensils, drinking cups, can opener, paper plates, pen, and paper. If there are other items you know you will need, you can include these as well.
- Remember the pets: A move is stressful enough for humans. Why give your pets any unnecessary anxiety? Plan on leaving your pets at a friend’s or relative’s house until you have packed and moved in successfully.
- Important papers: Important papers should not really be packed along with other items during a move. Carry them with you in a safe box and transport them to your new residence in your personal vehicle. This will save you time when you need to find your important papers in a hurry.
- Do some cleaning: A move is a perfect time to do some purging. You don’t have to move everything with you. If you have items that need trashing, do it now. Other items that are seldom used can be placed into storage until needed.
- Call a moving company: Trying to do everything yourself can cause burn-out and emotional overload. Accept the professional help of a moving company and relieve yourself of some of the stress involved in a move.
Brown Box Movers is a family owned moving company located in Denton, TX. From hearing all the horror stories about movers from friends, ordinary citizens like yourself, and the local news, Brown Box Movers noticed an opportunity to join and improve the moving industry. For worry-free moving, contact us today!